1. Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God,
To the saints who are in Ephesus, and faithful in Christ Jesus:
2. Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every
spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
4. just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and
without blame before Him in love,
5. having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good
pleasure of His will. Ephesians 1:1-5
Welcome to 5 Verses Bible study! For this study we will focus on the Book of Ephesians. Get your journal and a pen. Read the verses above, write them in your journal, and answer the questions below.
Ephesians 1:1-5 Bible study questions:
1. Why did Paul become an apostle of Jesus Christ (verse 1)?
2. Who is Paul writing to (verse 1)?
3. What words does he use to describe them (verse 1)?
4. What two things does God give us (verse 2)?
5. What else does God give us (verse 3)?
Blessings from Ephesians 1:1-5
6. What are some of the blessings God has given us (verses 1-5)?
7. Why should we bless God (verse 3)?
8. Like Paul, God chose us also. When did He choose you to be His (verse 4)?
9. Why did God adopt us?
10. Fill in this sentence stem: In Christ I have been ______________________________.
Pray Ephesians 1:1-5
Go back through your answers and turn them in to prayers for yourself, your family or your friends.
Extra resources for a little extra study.
by Mary Kane
all rights reserved.